· Reset your router if the update fails. If the firmware update doesn't work, and you can no longer connect to the router, you can manually reset it and try again. Press and hold the Reset button on the back of the router for 30 seconds to reset it to factory defaults. You'll need to reconfigure your network if you made any changes to the default settings previously. Advertisement. Part 4 of 4 ...
· Then locate the Firmware or Update section and download the latest firmware update on your router manufacturer’s website. Finally, upload the update and reboot the router. Note: Your computer must be connected to your router’s network. You won’t be able to access your router’s settings if you are outside of your router’s WiFi network. Type your routers IP address into the search bar ...
· Some routers upgrade their firmware automatically, but this is only the case for newer, "smart" routers such as some mesh network routers. If you've heard that your router needs a firmware upgrade but you have one of these newer routers, check the update log in the app to see if the update has already been applied.
· The router cannot connect to ASUS server to check for the firmware update. After reconnecting to the Internet, go back to this page and click Check to check for the latest firmware updates. After reconnecting to the Internet, go back to this page and click Check to check for the latest firmware updates.
· Click Choose File or Browse, then locate and select the firmware file that ends in .img or .chk. Click the Upload button. After you click the UPDATE button, do not try to go online, turn off the router, or do anything else to the router until it finishes restarting. The firmware update starts and the router restarts. The firmware update process takes about two minutes.
· Update your firmware regularly to get the latest updates for your router. You can either Update on WebGUI or Update Manually.. Method 1: Update on WebGUI (If the router shows unable to connect to ASUS server, please apply method 2). Method 2: Update Manually (If you haven't updated your router’s firmware for a while, please apply a manual firmware update via Web GUI)
The right to do something does not mean that doing it is right.